Mangos are in season from September to April in Western Australia, and this dessert is perfect for getting into a summery mindset. It's easy to make ahead of time to take along to a picnic or BBQ. The use of Bannister Downs mango smoothie results in a super creamy treat!
2 cups pouring cream
1 1/2 cups Bannister Downs mango smoothie
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
100g raw sugar sugar
2 1/2 tsp gelatine powder
1/2 cup toasted macadamia, roughly chopped
1 fresh mango, flesh removed and diced
1. Heat cream, vanilla and sugar over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, approx 5 minutes.
2. Remove the vanilla bean from the cream mixture and add Bannister Downs mango smoothie.
3. Mix 4 tbsp boiling water with the gelatine powder in a small bowl and whisk until gelatine has dissolved.
5. Pour gelatine mixture into cream - mango mixture and whisk to combine.
6. Pour mixture into service glasses, cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with chopped macadamia and fresh mango.
Recipe by Wade Drummond and photo by Jessica Wyld for Genuinely Southern Forests.