Gluten free | Dairy free
1.5kg Genuinely Southern Forests potatoes (e.g. Royal Blue)
2-3 heaped tablespoons
The Pickled Wife Dukkah 200gm
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into good size chunks (3-4cm) and place into a large saucepan of salted cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
3. Drain potatoes into a colander and give them a good shake to soften up the edges (this makes for extra crunchy potatoes) and set aside.
4. Place duck fat into a roasting pan and into the oven until melted and hot.
5. Place boiled potatoes into a bowl and lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to coat the potatoes . Add the dukkah and mix so the potatoes are well coated with the dukkah spice mix.
6. Add potatoes to hot duck fat and baste with duck fat so all potatoes are covered for an even cooking crunch. Roast potatoes for approx. 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and soft when skewered.
Note: If you are rushed for time, cook the potatoes in the microwave. This works just as well as boiling the spuds and remember, to give them a good shake to soften up the edges for that extra crunch!
Photo credit: @jessicawyld
Recipe credit: @thepickledwife