Tang, crunch and creamy cheese - the perfect side dish.
Gluten free | Vegetarian
The Pickled Wife pickled pears - sliced lengthways
100g goats cheese - crumbled
100g radicchio – torn
1/3 cup walnuts - chopped
A good drizzle of local honey
¼ cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
1tbsp fresh thyme
pickled pear juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray.
2. Place chopped walnuts into a bowl, drizzle with local honey (optional: add some of the fresh thyme into the mix) and toss to combine.
3. Pour onto the baking tray and bake until walnuts are just golden, approx. 4-5 mins (be mindful to watch so they don’t burn) set aside to cool.
4. Optional: Heat a gridle pan and sear The Pickled Wife pickled pear slices until charred on both sides, set aside to cool.
5. In the meantime, scatter rocket and torn radicchio into a large serving bowl or plate. Add the The Pickled Wife sliced pickled pears, crumble the cheese over, and sprinkle over the toasted honeyed walnuts.
6. Add cranberries or raisins (or both) for a pop of colour and sweetness.
7. Using a small amount of the preserving pear syrup straight from the jar, lightly pour over the salad to add a lovely dressing to the dish.
8. Sprinkle with the fresh thyme and serve.
Recipe by The Pickled Wife and photography by Jessica Wyld for Genuinely Southern Forests.