Mon, 12 June|
TRUFFLES & OTHER HIDDEN GEMS OF THE SOUTHERN FORESTS | 4 nights from $3050
Experience truffle season and the joy of the hunt for this mysterious delicacy. Meet the locals who farm the land, the grape growers and winemakers who make some incredible wines. You will hear their stories and understand their passion, walk their farms and enjoy their wonderful fresh produce.
Time & Location
12 June, 9:00 am – 15 June, 4:00 pm
Manjimup, Manjimup WA 6258, Australia
About the event
The Travel With Me Hidden Gems adventure will embody all that is great about this season including:
- Touring through the beautiful forest regions where the summer produce is ripe and ready for harvest.
- Visiting farms and grasping the agricultural importance of the region.
- Hunt for truffles alongside experienced truffle dogs.
- Meet the characters who produce the food. Sample their delicacies and pick some up for your evening meal.
- Meet the chefs who are preparing your exclusive dinners and they will excite you on the use of local produce.
- Engage all of your senses.
Travel With Me will arrange private coach transfers from Mandurah Station down to Manjimup, where you will be basing yourselves for the 5 days experience. This Truffles & Hidden Gems tour will uncover new hidden gems in this region, demonstrating the diversity and the quality of the produce in the Southern Forests. Meet the producers, hear their stories and understand the passion for what they produce.
- Private coach transfers between Mandurah Station and Manjimup accommodation
- Multi award winning local guide and long time Manjimup resident, Peter Casonato
- 4 nights accommodation
- Daily Breakfast
- Visit Australian Truffle Traders and join Gidgee and Max on a truffle hunt
- Unique dining experience with the Peos family, winemakers for over 90 years
- Private lunch at Dingup House, learn how to smoke trout with Pete
- Private wine tasting with Mark Aitken of Woodgate Wines catered by chef Joe Ditri
- Six course truffle-themed farewell dinner using the flavours of the Southern Forests
Please register your interest for the Truffles & Other Hidden Gems of the Southern Forests tour.