3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthways
1 jar roasted capsicum, drained and finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
pinch chilli powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp sea salt, to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, more as needed
250g crumbled feta
6 large pasture raised eggs | Three Ryans
coriander to serve
1. In a medium to large pan, place on medium heat and add onion and salt, stirring constantly.
2. When onion has softened and is beginning to colour, add garlic, capsicums and continue to stir for another 2 minutes, or until garlic is also beginning to colour.
3. Add spices, tomatoes, stock and increase heat to high, stirring until the mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to low and allow the mixture to thicken slightly. Add pepper and taste for seasoning.
4. Make six wells with the back of a spoon and crack the eggs into the pan, ensuring not to break the yolks.
5. Continue to heat until the whites have set, anywhere between 7 and 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, crumble over the feta and coriander, drizzle some more olive oil on top and serve with toasted sourdough.
Recipe by Wade Drummond and photos by Jessica Wyld for Genuinely Southern Forests.